Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gel Nails!



Today my sister and I went to get our nails done together. I decided to get gel nails because my nails were really short, and I hadn't ever tried gel nails before. I heard that gel nails were better for your nails than acrylic nails, which is partly true. They don't yellow your nails like acrylic nails do, and they don't leave you nails as brittle.

The picture above is how they turned out. I decided to get french instead of color because the manicurist said I could always paint my own color on top of them if I wanted to. They definitely look fake, but they look nice. It took a while to get them done, but it didn't hurt or anything. It cost me $40 plus tip. To maintain them, I would need to go back when my nails grow out to have them filled again. At my nail salon, the gel filling is $15 plus tip.

Overall, I think I'm pretty pleased with them. They make my stubby fingers look longer and classier. My nails are pretty brittle and thin as they are and never grow very long before breaking or peeling, so it's nice to have longer, pretty nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment